This easy to make dessert is packed with flavor! It only takes minutes to prepare and it will instantly transport you to a tropical destination. This will quickly become your go-to Summer dessert.
Write a review
- 1 pineapple, cut in half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 ounces Spiced Rum
- Ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- Carefully cut some of the leaves off the top and then cut the pineapple in half through the middle longways
- Using your knife carefully cut out the core in the middle and discard it. It's fibrous and not very tasty!
- Score the pineapple flesh making sure not to puncture all the way through
- Put the pineapple on a parchment or foil lined sheet tray
- To the top of the pineapple add the brown sugar evenly, dot it with the butter, and drizzle it with the spiced rum
- Put it into the preheated oven and let the pineapple bake for 10 minutes and then turn on the broiler
- Watch the pineapple carefully while the top caramelizes. It should take about 5 minutes
- Once the top has caramelized take it out, and top it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and prepare yourself for a DELICIOUS dessert! Hellooooo Summer in your mouth!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/