Buttermilk and Tarragon Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are my all time favorite thing in the world... I could eat them probably everyday. This recipe kicks the already delicious classic up a few notches in the best way possible! The subtle flavor of the tarragon and buttermilk will make everyone want seconds (or thirds!).
Write a review
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh tarragon
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes. Let them cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes depending on how thin you cut the potatoes. Drain once cooked through
- While the potatoes are cooking in a small saucepan heat up the butter, buttermilk, whole milk, and fresh tarragon over medium high heat
- Once the liquid comes to a simmer turn off the heat and let the tarragon steep in the milk
- Mash the potatoes however you like... some people like them completely smooth while some like them a little chunky
- Add half of the liquid (not the leaves) into the potatoes and mix together. Keep adding as much as you'd like until you get your desired consistency
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/