Caramelized Onion and Pumpkin Dip
Who DOESN'T love an awesome caramelized onion dip. This dip is a delicious holiday twist on the classic that will blow you away with how good it is! Make it for your holiday party and watch it disappear in minutes. Happy Holidays!
Write a review
- Olive oil
- 2 large white onions, sliced thin
- 5 sage leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- Chips or veggies for dipping
- Heat up oil in a saute pan over medium heat and add the thinly sliced onions
- Cook the onions, stirring often, until a golden brown color. The time cooking depends on how thin you slice the onion but for me it took about 15 minutes!
- To the caramelized onions add the chopped sage and turn off the heat
- In a bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, sour cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and caramelized onions completely. I like to reserve a little of the caramelized onions to add to the top of the dip for presentation
- Add the dip to a serving bowl, top with some caramelized onions and fresh sage, and serve with chips or veggies! How easy is this appetizer? You won't even believe how delicious it is too
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/