Chocolate Lava Cakes
Chocolate lovers beware!!! This easy to make dessert requires minimal ingredients and minimal time for maximum deliciousness. Top it off with ice cream and you literally have the best dessert ever. You're welcome.
Write a review
- 6 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped (use a baking bar- not chips)
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large muffin tin, regular muffin tin, or individual ramekins spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray and add about a teaspoon of cocoa powder in each one. Roll around to coat and tap out the excess. If you're doing this in a large muffin tin there will be 4 or in a regular tin there will be 6.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the butter and chocolate. Microwave for 10 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted. It took me about 30 seconds total
- In another bowl add the powdered sugar, flour, and salt. Stir to combine
- In another bowl whisk together two whole eggs as well as the two extra egg yolks
- To the chocolate add the dry ingredients as well as the eggs and mix together until combined and there are no lumps
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tins or ramekins and put into the oven
- Bake for 15 minutes until the outside is cooked but the inside is still molten
- Once cooked run a blunt knife around the edges and invert onto a plate and top with a big scoop of ice cream if desired
- That's it! An incredible delicious dessert in no time. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/