Grilled BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
Looking for an easy and VERY delicious appetizer for Summer?? Try my Grilled BBQ Bacon Wrapped Shrimp! Beautiful shrimp, with a pickled jalapeno, wrapped in bacon, and smothered in BBQ sauce... could it BE anymore delicious?! Also, you can use whatever BBQ sauce you like, but of course I prefer my own. Yum!
Write a review
- 6 peeled, raw shrimp ( I like leaving the tails on! )
- 6 pickled jalapeno slices
- 3 slices of bacon cut in half
- BBQ sauce of choice
- 3 skewers (soaked in water for an hour)
- This is one of my all time favorite appetizers. First off, I love shrimp.. and BBQ so this is just heaven to me. Oh, and bacon. Did I mention bacon?!
- Soak your skewers (or toothpicks) for at least one hour to prevent them from burning
- Take a shrimp, season with salt and pepper, place a pickled jalapeno in the middle, and run the skewer through the middle to secure it
- Take the piece of bacon and wrap it around the shrimp. I like doing two shrimp on a skewer but you can do only one or any many as you would like!
- Put the shrimp on a preheated to medium high grill pan or grill and let them cook for 2-3 minutes on one side before flipping
- Brush the shrimp with your favorite BBQ sauce ( I used my Bourbon BBQ sauce that you can find on here! ) and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through
- That's it! Make sure you don't overcook the shrimp because they will get tough. Serve immediately while they're still hot. Perfect pool day appetizer!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/