Raspberry Lemon Scones
I LOVE scones! They're so easy to make and they're super delicious. You can whip these up in no time for a special breakfast treat! I love raspberry and lemon together so I thought "Well, it has to be delicious so I'll try it out." Thank goodness I did because it was AWESOME. Best way to start a day.
Write a review
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter, COLD
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- cream to brush the top with
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (maybe a little more or little less depending on the consistency)
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir together to combine
- To the dry ingredients add the cold butter, cut in pieces, and using your fingers snap the butter and flour mixture to combine until no large chunks of butter remain
- To the bowl add the lemon zest, egg, and milk. Stir together to combine completely ( the dough will be thick ) and then add in the raspberries
- Pour out the dough onto a parchment lined sheet tray and form it into a circle, pressing down to make sure everything is compact. Don't worry... you will squish some of the raspberries!
- Take a knife and cut the circle into wedges, making 8 servings. Brush the top with heavy cream or an egg wash and put it into the oven
- Let them cook for 17-20 minutes, depending on your oven, until a beautiful light golden brown on the top
- Now it's time to make the glaze. In a small bowl add the confectioners sugar along with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it all together and slowly add a little more of the juice to thin it out. You don't want it to be too runny or else it won't stay on the scone. Drizzle the top with the glaze and serve!
- That's it. An easy and VERY yummy Spring/Summer breakfast everyone will love!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/