Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Browned Butter Sage Sauce
Do you ever want to make the perfect Fall/Winter dinner that looks like you spent hours on it but really it took you no time at all? Well, you have found that recipe my friends. These savory little sweet potato puffs are the perfect base for my decadent and nutty browned butter and sage sauce. You won't believe how easy this recipe is! Try it.
Write a review
- 2 cups roasted sweet potato*
- 2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Browned Butter Sage Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- Bunch of fresh sage
- This recipe is so easy! I like to roast the sweet potato the day before so that the day I make this dish the longest part is done!
- Bring a pot of salted water up to a boil
- In a bowl with the sweet potato start by adding 1 1/2 cups of flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Using your hands mix everything together until combined. Keep adding flour by the 1/2 cup until you feel like the stickiness of the dough is gone and the dough is firm
- Pour the dough onto a floured surface and cut the dough into 6 equal portions
- Gently roll the dough into long strands, about a 1/2 inch in diameter
- Cut the dough into 1 inch pieces
- Optional: Roll the gnocchi over the back of a fork to get the traditional look
- Add half of the gnocchi to the boiling water
- While the gnocchi is cooking, melt a stick of butter over medium high heat. Add the sage and continue to let the butter cook, until the butter is a golden brown color. Make sure you watch it! It burns easily and it will brown fairly quickly
- Add the cooked and drained gnocchi to the browned butter, season with salt and pepper, top with a ton of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and serve! The perfect Fall/Winter dinner. Yum!
- *I just put 2-3 whole sweet potatoes into an oven preheated at 400 degrees F and cook until tender, about 30-40 minutes
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/