Mexican Style Stuffed Sweet Potato
Looking for a fast, healthy, and VERY flavorful dinner? Try this! It's so delicious you will forget that it's good for you.
Write a review
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken
- Lime wedge
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- This recipe is SO EASY. I make it at least once a week because even though it's healthy it's not boring.
- The first thing you want to do cook your sweet potatoes. I wrap them in foil and put them into a preheated oven set at 385 degrees F and let them cook for 45-60 minutes depending on the size. Use a knife to pierce the middle of the sweet potato and if it goes in easily then its done
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked take them out of the foil and place it on a sheet tray. Cut a long line in the sweet potato and open it up exposing the inside
- Sprinkle the sweet potato with salt, pepper, and cumin
- To the sweet potato add the black beans and put it back into the oven to let it cook another 5 minutes, just to heat up the beans
- Once it's cooked through top it with your cooked chicken, chopped cilantro, quest fresco, and a big squeeze of lime
- Serve it with the hot sauce of your choice and you have a delicious dinner that everyone will go crazy over! Plus, it's an easy dinner to make just for one or more. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/