Autumn Harvest Quinoa Bowl
This Autumn inspired quinoa bowl is one of my absolute favorite things to make right now! It's healthy but packed with flavor.... and it's easy to make! You can also add some chicken to it to make it even more of a filling meal.
Write a review
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut if half if large
- 1 apple, diced
- 5 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- Goat cheese
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup light flavored olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees F
- On a sheet tray add the diced sweet potato, brussels sprouts, diced apple, chopped sage leaves, and chopped rosemary. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Using your hand toss it all together to coat everything in the oil and seasonings
- Put in your preheated oven and cook until tender, about 35 minutes
- While the vegetables are cooking prepare 1 cup quinoa according to the package directions
- In another small bowl mix together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. While whisking add in the olive oil until combined
- Add the vinaigrette to the cooked quinoa and stir to combine. I like to dress the quinoa while warm so it absorbs more of the flavor!
- Now it's time to serve. Add a scoop of quinoa to your bowl along with a big serving of the cooked vegetables. Sprinkle the top with craisins and goat cheese for an extra boost of delicious flavor.
- That's it! A very delicious Autumn inspired meal made in no time at all and you won't even believe it's healthy because it's so tasty. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/