Basil Infused Whipped Cream & Berries
Don’t be weirded out by the basil- it adds the most delicious subtle flavor to the whipped cream! It’s incredibly addictive and once you have it you’ll want basil infused whipped cream all the time. Trust me.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil (only use fresh basil, not dried!!)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat add in the heavy whipping cream and chopped fresh basil. Let it come to a slight simmer, stirring often, making sure you don’t scald the cream!
- Once it has come to a simmer turn it off and let it cool to room temperature, keeping the basil in the cream
- While the cream is cooling slice the strawberries and add into a bowl. Add the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir to make sure everything is coated and put it into the refrigerator
- Once the cream has come to room temperature put it into the refrigerator to chill
- Once the cream is cold (it will not whip if it is not COLD!) strain the basil out
- Add in the powdered sugar and with an electric mixer whip until soft peaks form
- Now its time to assemble! Add a big scoop of strawberries in their juice to a glass or little bowl. Put a large dollop of the whipped cream on top, a basil leaf, and serve!
Please follow and like us: