Chocolate Strawberry Scones
To me nothing screams Valentine’s Day more than chocolate covered strawberries. This year, skip the hassle of dipping strawberries and make a delicious breakfast out of them! Your loved one will love these heart shaped scones!
Write a review
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking power
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold butter, cut in pieces
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup whole milk
- Cream for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- In a bowl combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt
- To the flour mixture add in the cold butter. Rub the flour and cold butter between your fingers until no large chunks of butter remain. You can also use a pastry cutter if you'd like!
- Mix in the chocolate chips and chopped strawberries until combined
- Add in the milk and mix until a dough forms. Don't over mix!
- Pour out the dough onto a lined sheet tray and press it into an 8 inch circle
- Using a knife cut the dough into wedges. Optional: make each wedge into a heart! Watch the video to see how
- Brush the top on the scones with cream and put into the preheated oven
- Bake for 20 minutes until a beautiful golden brown. Let them cool slightly before dusting with powdered sugar and serving! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/