Grilled Vegetable Panini
This easy and healthy grilled vegetable panini will satisfy even meat lovers! It is so hearty and full of flavor. I love grilling veggies because it makes a completely different flavor come out. Pair that with pesto, goat cheese, and melted mozzarella and you have a delicious sandwich anyone will love! This recipe will feed a small army, so if you only want it for 4 people cut this recipe in half. I keep the vegetables the same quantity because I love to have grilled vegetables on hand at all times.
Write a review
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin longways
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in quarters
- 1 red onion, sliced in rounds
- Drizzle of olive oil
- onion powder
- 2 loaves ciabatta bread, not pre-sliced!
- pesto (about 3 tablespoons per sandwich)
- 4 ounces goat cheese ( 2 ounces per sandwich)
- 4 ounces fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- I loooovveee grilled vegetables and I love a good panini, so why not put them together and make a delicious sandwich!
- The first thing you want to do is preheat your grill pan (or grill) to medium high heat
- In a large bowl add the sliced zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, and red onion. Give it a good drizzle of olive oil and season with a good amount of salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix together so all of the vegetables are coated
- Working in batches add the vegetables to the grill. Let them cook until they start getting grill marks, about 3-5 minutes. Flip them and cook on the other side. Put them on a plate and set aside
- Cut the ciabatta in half and put it on the grill pan to let it start to brown and get grill marks
- Now it's time to assemble! Spread an even layer of pesto on one side of the bread, and on the other side spread an even layer of the goat cheese
- Add the grilled veggies, as much as you want to put on or think it can hold! Top it with the sliced mozzarella and put the top of the bread on. Press it down firmly
- Add the sandwich to the grill pan and place a larger heavier pan on top of it. Give it a firm press down. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes and then flip the sandwich over to the other side. Put the pan back on the sandwich, pressing down, and cook another 2-3 minutes
- Take it off the grill pan, slice, and serve! That's it! A delicious alternative to a meat sandwich that will satisfy anyone. Enjoy!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/