Fresh Spring veggies are all you need for this light and healthy pasta! You can throw it together in minutes and it's packed with flavor without being too filling. This will be a go-to pasta for any night of the week whether it's a special occasion or just pasta for one! Yum!
Write a review
- 1 pound pasta of choice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- zest of one lemon
- 15 basil leaves, chopped
- 5 springs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
- First thing you want to do is boil your pasta according to the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking melt the butter and oil over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add the chopped asparagus and let it cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or so.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes and frozen sweet peas along with the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Give it a good stir and let them cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the pan, scraping up any bits at the bottom and add the lemon zest.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with the chopped basil, fresh thyme, and Parmesan. Give it a big mix, making sure everything is tossed in the sauce.
- That's it! This recipe is so easy and delicious and I know you will love it. Happy Spring!
Gourmet With Blakely https://gourmetwithblakely.com/