Write a review
- Balsamic Reduction:
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Stuffed Plums:
- 20 dried plums (commonly known as prunes)
- 2 oz chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 pound prosciutto, sliced thin
- This is such a great recipe. So easy and so flavorful! This is a great appetizer to make if you're having people over or going over to someone's house. It's a real show stopper! The first thing you want to do is make your balsamic reduction. In a small saucepan over medium heat cook your balsamic vinegar for 20 minutes. The balsamic will reduce by about half. After 20 minutes add the brown sugar and mix together. Let cook another 5 minutes and then turn off the heat. It will thicken as it cools. While that is cooling make your plums! Preheat your oven to 375*F. In a small bowl mix together your goat cheese, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Plums when they are dried naturally form a dent in the middle. Stuff the indent with the goats cheese mixture. Taking a slice of prosciutto, cut it in half, and wrap the stuff plum up like a little present. A delicious little present. Secure the prosciutto with a toothpick. Wrap them all up and put on a baking sheet. Pop them into the oven. Let them cook about 5 minutes or until the prosciutto is starting to crisp and the plum is getting warm inside. Once they are cooked put on a serving platter and with a spoon drizzle the delicious balsamic reduction over the delicious plum packages. That's it!! Serve them while they're warm. You might want to double or triple this recipe.... they'll go fast. Hope you like it!
Gourmet With Blakely https://gourmetwithblakely.com/
I hate to stay in the kitchen when doing a balsamic reduction.
Dried plums taste great stuffed with peanut butter.
I wish I was your friend because you always have good things to eat!
Who doesn’t love goat cheese, lol, yum! I’ve tasted a similar nibble made with dates filled with cream cheese wrapped in bacon and baked for a few minutes like you did. They were really different and good but your version sounds better!
I did LOVE them. Hope to try them real soon. Love ya Go