Ultimate Steak Sandwich
Whenever I have leftover steak I know there’s only one thing to do with it and that’s make a killer steak sandwich. This is the ULTIMATE recipe for good reason. It’s absolutely sinful and you’ll want to make this sandwich all the time….seriously.
- 1/2 large onion, sliced thin
- olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 oz leftover steak
- 1 hoagie roll
- 1 tablespoon good quality mayonnaise
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcheshire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 slices provolone
- Handful arugula
- In a pan over medium high heat add the olive oil and sliced onions with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Let the onions cook, stirring occasionally, until a beautiful golden brown- about 15-20 minutes
- Take the leaves of thyme off the sprigs and add them to the onions and let it cook another minute or so
- If you’re using leftover steak I like to add the slices to the pan to heat them up. If you’re using steak you just cooked you can omit this step. Just don’t put the steak on the sandwich if it’s cold!
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, minced garlic, Worchestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Stir to combine and spread it on the hoagie bread
- Time to assemble! Add the caramelized onions, then sliced steak, then provolone slices, then a big handful of fresh arugula
- Cut it in half and serve hot! That’s it! The ultimate steak sandwich.