Red, White, & Blueberry Trifle
Want to make something that is simple but SO good for the 4th of July?! Try my Red, White, & Blueberry Trifle. Easy to assemble and I love putting them in individual mason jars for easy transporting. Yum!
Write a review
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 10 oz softened cream cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Angel Food Cake
- Sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh bluberries
- In a bowl with an electric mixer whip the heaving whipping cream with the powdered sugar until fluffy and set aside
- In another bowl add the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and and mix until light and fluffy
- Add only half of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine
- Add the rest of the whipped cream to the cream cheese and lightly fold it in with your spatula
- Now it's time to assemble! I like to use individual mason jars but if you would like to make a larger trifle use that. In the bottom add the sliced strawberries, then the angel food cake pieces, a large dollop of the cream cheese mixture, then the blueberries. Keep repeating this until it is to the top.
- That's is! A very impressive and very patriotic dessert that anyone will love!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/
Please follow and like us: