Southwestern Style Salad With Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
This tangy and insanely delicious salad is one of my favorites and I know it will be one of yours too! You can enjoy it as a filling lunch or a nice light salad. All of the fresh veggies along with the tangy lime cilantro vinaigrette add so much flavor you will be wanting more.
Write a review
- mixed greens
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut off and sauteed
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, washed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco cheese
- 2 tortillas, cut in strips and browned under the broiler
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- The first thing you want to do with this delicious salad is cook the corn and broil the tortilla strips. I just cut off the kernels and put them into a small pan and cook them very quickly. I don't even add oil to the pan! PLEASE do not use canned corn. If you don't have fresh corn just omit it from the recipe! Canned corn is not the same.
- In a salad bowl add the mixed greens, chopped red bell pepper, tomato, cooked corn, rinsed and drained black beans, avocado slices, queso fresco, and toasted tortilla strips.
- In another bowl add the lime juice, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, honey, and cilantro. Give it a good whisk to combine everything. While whisking drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad, give it a good toss, and your done! Yum!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/
Please follow and like us: