Do you ever struggle to think of an easy appetizer that you can make in no time at all, looks very gourmet, and tastes amazing? This recipe is must try! It only requires minimal ingredients and you’ll get maximum flavor.
- 1 sheet thawed puff pastry
- 2-3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Grated parmesan
- red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch fresh basil, sliced
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F
- On a floured surface slightly roll out the puff pastry. Cut the puff pastry into 4 squares and place onto a lined sheet tray
- To each square in the middle add a 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, a few slices of tomato, some grated parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Take two opposite corners of the puff pasty and fold them over, pressing the edges together to secure them
- In a small bowl whisk the egg with a teaspoon of water and lightly brush the puff pastry
- Put into the oven to bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and delicious
- When hot out of the oven drizzle the top with a little of your favorite pre-made pesto
- That’s it! Serve hot and if you want to make them smaller you can always do that. Enjoy!