Creamy Mushroom, Sundried Tomato & Pea Pasta
This easy, creamy, dreamy pasta is SO good. It's definitely an occasion pasta... not an everyday one. Make this for a loved one and they will be yours forever!
Write a review
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup sliced sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2/3 cups pasta water
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup frozen peas
- chopped fresh basil
- Pine nuts
- First thing you want to do is cook the pasta according to the package directions. I like using bow tie pasta but you can use whatever you'd like!
- In a large pan over medium high heat melt the butter and add the pancetta
- To the pancetta add the chopped shallot and garlic. Let it cook until fragrant, about a minute or so
- Add the sliced mushrooms with salt and pepper to the pan and let them cook stirring often, until the mushrooms start to brown, about 8 minutes
- Sprinkle the mushroom mixture with the flour, coating them, and cook the mixture for 1-2 minutes to cook out the raw flour flavor
- Add the cream, paprika, and sundried tomatoes to the mushrooms and stir over medium heat, letting it thicken up
- Add the pasta water and parmesan to the sauce and stir to combine and let it thicken it up for a minute or two
- Add the cooked pasta, peas, and chopped basil to the sauce with some salt and pepper. Stir to combine it all, and serve!
- I love to top it with more fresh basil, parmesan, and pine nuts. That's it! An easy creamy pasta everyone will love. Yum!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/