I LOVE a good shandy. They are the perfect Summer drink. Light and refreshing and this is my twist on the typical shandy. Normally a shandy is half beer and half lemonade but I use fresh grapefruit juice to make this cocktail extra fancy.
Write a review
- Juice from 4 grapefruits (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bottle of your favorite light Wheat Beer
- This cocktail recipe is so good and a really fun spin on a classic. The first thing you want to do is make your simple syrup. In a small pan over medium high heat add the sugar and water. Keep stirring until the sugar is dissolved and then turn off the heat and let it come to room temperature
- In a pitcher add the fresh squeeze grapefruit juice and the simple syrup and give it a good stir. I like to put it in the fridge and let it chill. You can easily make this the day before you know you're going to be having the drink to save you some time
- In your glass of choice add half of your cold beer and top it off with your fresh grapefruit "lemonade". That's it! You're ready to serve. Perfect poolside cocktail to cool you down on these warm days. Cheers!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/