This St. Patrick’s Day treat will be sure to liven any party! It’s minty, chocolaty, and absolutely delicious… not to mention super easy to make. Move over Bailey’s and Guinness flavored everything.
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 30 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick melted butter (4 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe
- 1/4 cup Creme de Coco
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate to grate on the top (optional)
- The first thing you want to do is make your pie crust. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F
- In a bowl combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Stir to combine completely and add them to a 9 inch pie dish. Using the back of a measuring cup pat them them firmly
- Put the crust into the oven and let it bake for 5 minute. Take it out and let it cool
- While the crust is cooling make the filling
- In a saucepan over NO heat add only 1/3 cup of the heavy cream and mix in the gelatin. Let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to bloom
- After 5 minutes add in the sugar, creme de menthe, creme de coco, and egg yolks. Give it a good stir and put it over medium heat. Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes, stirring often, until the mixture has thickened slightly. You don’t want to boil the mixture!
- Pour it into a new bowl and put in the refrigerator to let it chill for about 10 minutes
- While the mixture is chilling beat the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Add the green mixture to the cream and stir to completely combine. Once fully mixed add it to the cooled crust and put it in the refrigerator to let it chill for 3-4 hours
- Once it’s almost time to serve whip up the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until stiff. Spread on the top of the pie, grate some dark chocolate on the top, and serve! There you have the most delicious St. Patrick’s Day treat ever. Enjoy!