Mediterranean Style Quinoa
Quinoa is not only healthy but it can be so delicious! I love this recipe because you can either eat it hot or cold. I make a huge batch of it and keep in in the refrigerator to eat throughout the week. Yum!
Write a review
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- Olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup Feta cheese
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- The first thing you want to do is cook the quinoa. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil and add the quinoa. Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- While the quinoa is cooking cook the veggies. In a pan with a drizzle of olive oil add the chopped red pepper and onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to look translucent.
- Add the garlic and let it cook another minute or so. Turn off the heat and add the veggies to a mixing bowl.
- Chop up the cucumber and the grape tomatoes and add them to the bowl. Add the cooked quinoa to the bowl as well.
- In a separate small bowl add the chopped oregano and rosemary, lemon juice, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, honey, and Dijon mustard. Give it a quick whisk and while you are whisking drizzle in the olive oil.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the quinoa, add the feta cheese, and give it a big stir so that everything is mixed together and covered in the vinaigrette.
- That's it! I like to eat this alone or with grilled chicken for a healthy yet very flavorful meal. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/