Spicy Turkey Sausage Soup
Looking for a hearty, yet healthy soup that will keep you warm all Winter? Well, look no further! This delicious soup will blow you away with how good and easy it is. Make it today!
Write a review
- 1 pound hot Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 2 small onions, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 pounds (48 oz) chicken stock
- 1 cup brown rice
- 4 cups baby spinach
- In a large heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat add the turkey sausage
- Cook until the turkey sausage is cooked through
- Once cooked add the sausage to a separate bowl and set aside
- To the pan add the diced onions,carrots, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 4-5 minutes
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute
- To the pot add the cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken stock. Stir to combine
- Add the brown rice, stir to combine, and let it cook until the rice is cooked through. About 20-30 minutes
- Once the rice is cooked add the baby spinach, pushing in down into the liquid to wilt it
- After all of the spinach is wilted check the seasoning, and serve!
- That's is. A very easy and delicious healthy soup that is hearty enough to keep you warm all Winter. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/