Strawberry Rhubarb Turnovers
Rhubarb is a Spring treat that I love to use as much as possible while it's available. These easy to make turnovers are the perfect Spring/Mother's Day treat that everyone will go crazy over!
Write a review
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg plus a teaspoon water mixed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a pot over medium heat add the sliced rhubarb and sugar. Stir to combine
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water until dissolved and then pour the mixture into the rhubarb
- Cook until a jam like consistency, stirring often, about 6-8 minutes
- Turn the heat off and add in the chopped strawberries, orange zest, and orange juice. Let it cool slightly
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese and vanilla extract until smooth. Now it's time to assemble!
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface until about 12 inches long
- Cut the puff pastry in three long strips and then cut each strip into four squares
- Take a square and use your fingers to slightly stretch the dough out. To the middle of the dough add a small amount of cream cheese, about a teaspoon of the rhubarb jam, and then brush the edges with the egg wash
- Fold one side over to make a triangle. Use your fingers to press the edges together then use a fork to crimp the edges
- Add the turnover to a parchment lined sheet tray and continue making the rest
- Use a knife to make a slit on the top, brush them with the egg wash, and put into the preheated oven
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a beautiful golden brown, and let cool slightly before serving!
- That's it... a delicious Spring treat that you won't be able to just have one of. Enjoy!
Free Online Video Recepies https://gourmetwithblakely.com/