Want to make a super fancy French dessert without having to spend hours making it? Well this is the dessert for you! This might be one of my favorite desserts I've ever made. Fresh Summer cherries are the star of this simple yet elegant dessert. This clafoutis (pronounced cla-foo-tee) only takes a few minutes to prepare and it will impress everyone.
Write a review
- 2 cups pitted cherries, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar (optional)
- This recipe is SO easy to make and everyone will go crazy for it. The hardest part of this recipes is getting the pits out of the cherries! I don't have a cherry pitter so I just get the pits out the old fashioned way. I cut the cherries in half, twist the two halves to expose the pit, and take my knife and cut it out
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a 9 inch buttered and floured pie pan add the fresh cherry halves and slivered almonds
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, sugars, salt, flour, milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract until completely smooth. Pour the batter over the cherries and almonds and put in the oven
- Let the clafoutis cook for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven. Mine was perfect at 38 minutes!
- Take the beautiful clafoutis out of the oven and let it cool slightly. Dust with powdered sugar and serve! That's it! Everyone will go crazy. Cheers!
Gourmet With Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/
Please follow and like us: