Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches
Write a review
- 8 slices french bread, or any bread of choice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 thin slices good quality ham
- 4 ounces sliced Gruyere cheese
- Spread 4 of the slices with some of the softened butter, only use half of the butter because you’ll need the rest later! Turn over and spread all 8 sides of the bread with a little butter. Place a slice or 2 of ham on 4 slices of bread and top with a 1/4 sliced gruyere cheese. Cover the top with the remaining 4 bread slices.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Transfer the sandwiches to the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan, and serve immediately!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely https://gourmetwithblakely.com/