Rhubarb this time of the year is (thankfully) everywhere! This springtime treat makes the perfect companion for a Mojito. Not to mention the rhubarb gives a beautiful color to this traditional cocktail. Cheers!
- Yield: 1 1x
Rhubarb simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 small lime, sliced
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2–3 oz white rum
- 1 oz rhubarb simple syrup
- Club soda
- In a small pot over medium high heat add the sugar, water, and chopped rhubarb. Let it come up to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it come to room temperature
- In a glass muddle the sliced lime, mint, and rhubarb simple syrup until all of the juices have released
- Add in the white rum and give it a stir
- Add in ice, stir, and top with club soda and give it another stir
- For a garnish I like to take a stalk of rhubarb and with a peeler make a long thin slice. Then I’ll take the strip of rhubarb and put it in the glass and make a swirl with it. If you don’t want to do that you can always add a sprig of fresh mint! Either way- this cocktail is delicious. Cheers!