One of my favorite Summer time treats are smores. There is nothing better than sitting around a campfire making them on a warm night. Well, this recipe is great because you can make it anytime of year to enjoy that smores goodness! Be prepared for an insanely easy recipe.
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter, cut into small pieces
Chocolate Ganache Filling
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- First thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined
- Put it into a 9" tart pan with a removable bottom or a regular 9" pie pan and press down firmly on the bottom and the sides
- Put the crust in the oven and let it cook for 6-7 minutes. Once it has cooked take it out and set it aside to cool
- In small sauce pan over medium high heat add the heavy cream and let it come up to a small simmer. Don't scald it by turning it on high! As soon as you see tiny bubbles around the edges it is done
- In a bowl add the chocolate, butter, and hot cream
- Let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes while NOT stirring!
- After 5 minutes everything will be melted and it is time to stir until completely combined and shiny
- Add the chocolate ganache to the crust and let it sit on the counter until room temperature
- Once cooled but it in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour
- Once chilled it's time to make the meringue. In a bowl with an electric mixer beat on high the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and vanilla until stiff peaks. This usually takes about 5 minutes or more
- Add the meringue to the top of the pie and with your spatula make peaks (these get crunchy when burned-yum!)
- Put the pie under the broiler of your oven (with the door open so you can see) turning occasionally until a beautiful golden brown with burned tips. Just like a marshmallow!
- That's it! You won't even believe how delicious this pie is. A must make!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/