Strawberries & Cream Scones
This easy to make Springtime breakfast treat can be made in minutes and it is DELICIOUS. I love using fresh beautiful strawberries and then topping it off with a creamy glaze. Perfect lazy weekend breakfast or brunch recipe!
Write a review
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- 12-14 fresh strawberries, diced
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half (maybe a little more or a little less)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F
- In a bowl add the flour, sugar, salt, and cold pieces of butter
- Using your hands, or a pastry cutter, pinch the pieces of butter into the flour mixture until no large chunks of butter remain
- Once there are no large chunks of butter left mix in the strawberries by hand
- Add the half and half and mix until just combined. Don't worry the dough will seem wet
- Add the dough to a parchment lined sheet tray. Lightly coat your hands in flour and press into a circle or rectangle. Coating your hand in the flour will ensure the dough doesn't stick to your hands!
- Sprinkle your knife with flour and cut into equal wedges, slightly spacing them out
- Put them into the oven to let them bake for 15-17 minutes depending on the thickness of the scone
- When the scones are out of the oven make the glaze while they cool slightly
- In a bowl add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and about half of the cream. Mix together until smooth and keep adding the cream until its the right consistency to drizzle
- Drizzle over the scones liberally and serve! How easy is that? The perfect Springtime treat that everyone will love. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/