- 1 pound mushrooms, cleaned, stems taken off
- 2 slabs bacon, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons chopped chive
- grated Parmesan cheese
- white wine
- The thing that I love about stuffed mushrooms is that: 1) they’re delicious and 2) the possibilities are endless with different ingredients! This version is creamy and delicious. Once you have one you won’t be able to stop… I promise. Ok, the first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 400*F and put all your mushroom caps in a baking pan. In a pan over medium high heat crisp your thinly sliced bacon until nice and brown. While your bacon is cooking finely chop your mushroom stems, garlic, and chive. Once your bacon is cooked add it to a bowl with the cream cheese. Try and leave some bacon fat in the pan. Add the chopped mushrooms and garlic to the pan and saute until the mushrooms are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Once they are cooked add them to the cream cheese. Add your chopped chive, salt, and pepper and stir to combine it all together. Once the mixture is ready with a spoon stuff each mushroom. Once you’ve stuffed them all sprinkle the top with good quality Parmesan cheese. To the bottom of the pan add a splash of white wine, just to give it a little more flavor! Put in the oven and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with a little fresh chive and you’re ready for a delicious stuffed mushroom. Enjoy!