This blueberry twist on a mojito is the perfect Summer cocktail. Its light, refreshing, and delicious. Cheers!
Write a review
- 1/2 lime, cut in wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 15 mint leaves
- 1 oz simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 3 oz Bacardi rum
- club soda
- In a small pan over high heat add equal parts sugar and water. I usually do a 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Bring it to a simmer, stirring so that all of the sugar dissolves. Once the sugar is dissolved turn it off and let it come to room temperature. Voila! Simple syrup.
- In a shaker muddle together the fresh lime, blueberries, and mint leaves until all of the juice is released from the lime
- To the shaker add the ice, simple syrup, and rum. Add the lid to the shaker and shake vigorously
- Pour into a glass and top it with club soda
- That's it! A refreshing cocktail perfect for Summer... or anytime of the year. Cheers!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/