Who says tacos should only be limited to lunch and dinner? This delicious breakfast taco recipe will make anyone get out of bed! They're packed with flavor and will make you say ARIBA!
Write a review
- 1 potato, diced small
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 1/2 ounces chorizo
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Tortillas (warmed in oven)
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees F
- On a foil lined sheet tray add the small diced potato, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through
- In a skillet over medium heat melt the tablespoon of butter and add the diced chorizo, sauteeing for about 5 minutes
- While the chorizo is cooking make the avocado crema. In a bowl mash the avocado and add the sour cream. Mix together until combined. Add the fresh squeezed lime juice and stir until combined and set aside
- To the skillet add the whisked eggs. Let them cook, stirring, until they are just starting to scramble
- Add the cherry tomatoes and continue to cook another minute until the eggs are scrambled. Make sure not to add the cherry tomatoes too early because when they cook they let off a lot of liquid and they will make the eggs watery which you don't want!
- Now it's time to assemble! Take a tortilla, put some potatoes on the bottom, then the scrambled egg, then a big dollop of the avocado crema, and top it off with some chopped fresh cilantro
- That's it! The perfect breakfast taco for all taco lovers. Enjoy!
Everyday Gourmet with Blakely http://gourmetwithblakely.com/