Old Autumn Fashioned
This twist on an already delicious Old Fashioned will blow your mind. Using the very delicious St. George's Spiced Pear Liqueur this cocktail recipe will give you so many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Cheers!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split in half and beans scraped out
- Peel from half an orange
- 1 1/2 oz Bourbon of choice
- 1 oz St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur
- 1/2 oz brown sugar simple syrup
- 2 dashes Bitters
- Squeeze fresh orange
- The first thing you want to do is make the simple syrup. In a small shallow pan over medium high heat add the water and brown sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and add the orange peel and vanilla bean seeds and pod.
- Turn off the heat, letting it steep, until the syrup is room temperature
- Now it's time to make the cocktail. In a shaker with ice add your Bourbon, St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur, simple syrup, bitters, and a big squeeze of fresh orange
- Shake vigorously until chilled and pour into a glass preferably with a large ice cube, and serve!
- That's it. The perfect Fall inspired cocktail that is especially delicious for Thanksgiving. Cheers!
Free Online Video Recepies http://gourmetwithblakely.com/